Sunday, October 26 HOWL-oween – our biggest dog event of the year! We had 15 awesome prizes/gift bags and we added some new categories. And this was the 8th year of the peanut butter lick-off, which always gets the dogs smacking!
The Halloween Costume Contest kicked off at 4 pm. Registration was between 3-3:45 pm. Entry fee was $1 for Members, and $5 for Non-Members per category.
The Peanut-Butter Lick-off began in the large dog side first at 3:45, followed by the small lickers in the small dog park. All participants took home some goody bags from Natural Balance Dog Food. Here is a list of this year’s categories:
- Best Homemade (Large & Small)
- Scariest (Large & Small)
- Funniest (Large & Small)
- Best Profession (Large & Small) example: a race car driver, a nurse, an accountant
- Best TV or Movie Character (Large & Small) example: Superman, Ghostbusters
- Judge’s Choice (Awarded to Team, Large Dog & Small Dog)
- Best Team (Human Companion & Dog(s)) Must be dressed alike or common theme, example: Beekeeper and bumblebee(s)
- Best Pack (Team of Dogs) Must be dressed alike or common theme, example: Firefighters
You can check out pictures on our Facebook page.