This year, Walk Me Home Rescue Group joined the Friends of Hermon Dog Park as the Santa Paws Squad in the Northeast Los Angeles Holiday Parade.
***RAIN OR SHINE*** Join us on Saturday, Feb 11 when Best Friends Animal Society presents a Community Pet Fair at Hermon Dog Park with discounted pet adoption, microchipping and vaccinations, free samples, pet services info and more.
- Adoptable Pets – Best Friends, Stray Cat Alliance – dogs and cats just $14
- Info on Free Spay/Neuter for all income levels – NKLA, SNP/LA
- Solutions for local residents and their pets during difficult times – Home Dog LA
- Free pet food samples, information and support – Friends of Hermon Dog Park
- Vendors with pet supplies and info on pet services – Rosie Bunny Bean, Wowow Pet Grooming
BRING YOUR PETS! FREE ADMISSION!
- Discounted Vaccinations: $10 Rabies, $15 others
- Discounted Microchipping: $15
- Information on Free Spay/Neuter for all
- Fun romp in the Dog Park (one side for large dogs and one for small/shy dogs)
WHEN: Saturday, February 11 from 11am to 4pm
WHERE: 5568 Via Marisol (go to the end of the parking lot past the tennis courts – just outside the dog park) For map and directions, click here.
Bring your pets! (Dogs on leash, cats in carriers)
Snakes, Bats and witches galore… Let’s see what this Halloween has in store! Bring yourself, family and pets over to our Spooktacular Event!
The doggie social event of the year! Our 10th Annual HOWL-oween brings out smiles as our furry friends dress up as superheroes, ghosts, and sometimes a different animal altogether. 15 winners will be crowned, and all winners will receive a gift bag and a gift card from Petco (www.petco.com)! Two Peanut-Butter Lick-Off winners (Small and large dogs) will be awarded as well. Entry fee is $1 for FHDP Members, and $5 per entry for non-members. Get your pet’s costume ready, here are the categories:
Best Homemade (Sm.& Lrg.)
Scariest (Sm.& Lrg.)
Funniest (Sm.& Lrg.)
Best Profession (Sm.& Lrg.)
Best TV or Movie Character (Sm.& Lrg.)
Judge’s Choice (Sm., Lrg.,Team)
Best Pack (Team of Dogs dressed similarly or same theme)
Best Team (Must be Human and Dog dressed similarly)
Please be at the park at 3:00 pm to register your costumed pet, at 3:45 pm we will hold the Peanut Butter Lick-off Contest (in both the small and large side),at 4:00 pm the dogs will walk down the Ruff-way. Prizes will be given at 5:00 pm. To get some ideas for costumes, check out our past HOWL-oween photos.